Simple Facebook Connect is a framework and series of sub-systems that let you add any sort of Facebook functionality you like to a WordPress blog. This lets you have an integrated site without a lot of coding, and still letting you customize it exactly the way you’d like.
After activating the plugin and setting up a Facebook Application for your site, you can enable individual pieces of functionality to let you integrate your site in various ways.
Requires WordPress 3.0 and PHP 5.
- Enables your site to connect to Facebook with JS SDK
- Implements OpenGraph tags, entirely automatically
- Comment using Facebook credentials (with Facebook avatar support)
- Automatically Publish new posts to Facebook Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Manually Publish posts to FB Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Integrate comments made on Facebook back into your own site
- Login with your Facebook credentials, optionally using Facebook avatars instead of Gravatars
- New user registration with Facebook credentials (using the Facebook Registration Authentication system)
- Facebook Photo Album integration in the Media uploader
- Like Button and shortcode
- User Status Widget and shortcode
- Live Stream Widget and shortcode
- Fan Box Widget and shortcode
- Fan Count Chicklet and Widget
- Activity Feed Widget
- “Share” button and Shortcode (reworked version of Like button, as Share button is no longer supported by Facebook)
If you have suggestions for a new add-on, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Want regular updates? Become a fan of my sites on Facebook!
Or follow my sites on Twitter!
Free Download: Download this plugin