Google Friend Connect (GFC) allows users to become members of your site community using their Google, Yahoo!,
AIM or OpenID accounts and do lots of stuff like interacting with other visitors by making friends, sharing media, posting comments, playing games, and more.
To find more information about Google Friend Connect you may go here.
Unfortunately users logged using GFC still have to enter their name, email address and website to post comment via WordPress
(or even register and login via WordPress in case “Users must be registered and logged in to comment” option is turned on).
Fortunately this plugin fixes this problem.
PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5
At the moment plugin was tested with WordPress v 2.7.1 and seems to be fully compatible :).
- removed class constants due to the fact that PHP 4 does not support them;
- added check whether
json_decodefunction exists. And if it is not Pear JSON library is used. Thus plugin should work with PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5;
- fixed Settings link;
- added possibility to specify location of GFC core files at settings page;
- now both WP and GFC users are supported;
Added setting page to admin side to allow user to:
- enter SITE ID;
- choose between using “comment_form” action and template tag;
- enable/disable default css;
Created. Main differences (improvements) over official plugin:
- completely server-side. FCauth method is used to authenticate GFC user;
- GFC user ID is used to create WP user (plugin doesn’t create new WP user on GFC username change);
- added template tag to be used in themes;
- changed CSS;
- user is logged out in case he/she signs out of Friend Connect;
- only GFC users may sign in;
Feedback and Donations
Don’t be very strict critisithing my plugin. It’s my first WordPress plugin experience. Moreover it is my first PHP/Java/OpenSocial API experience :-).
Do not hesitate to contact me: your comments, proposals, thanks etc are highly appreciated.
If you think this plugin is useful, please consider donating some appropriate amount. Thank you.
Free Download: Download this wp-plugin