NOTE: This plugin requires BuddyPress 1.1, released September, 2009. See the FAQ why we build it on the upcoming BuddyPress version.
The BuddyPress Groupblog plugin extends the group functionality by enabling each group to have a single blog associated with it. Group members are automatically added to the blog and will have blog roles as set by the groupblog admin settings.
- Automated blog registration at group creation stage.
- Blog privacy settings are initially inherited from group privacy settings.
- Group members are automatically added to the blog.
- Blog roles match group roles as set by the group admin.
- Solid error checking that the blog follows validation.
- Group admin tab to access the group-blog settings.
- Recent posts are displayed on the group home page, much like the forum topics.
- A menu tab is added to display the latest blog activity and blog page links.
- Blog themes will have the ability to pull in group info and create a theme that could ressemble the group exactly.
- Leaving the group will downgrade the member role to ‘subscriber’.
- Allow the group admin to select one of his/her existing blogs.
- Include an RSS icon for easy access to the Blog’s RSS feed.
- More templates, e.g. a display pages, categories, comments, etc.
Free Download: Download this wp-plugin