Blubrry PowerPress brings the essential features for podcasting to WordPress. Developed by podcasters for podcasters, PowerPress offers full iTunes support, the Update iTunes Listing feature, web audio/video media players and more. PowerPress is designed as an upgrade to PodPress.
PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a podcasting company and community providing tools and resources for podcasters to measure, monetize, publish and host podcasts. Although we’d like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free open source podcasting plugin.
- HTML5 video support: Add both mp4 and webm media to each episode for maximum platform compatibility
- Full iTunes Support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress blog.
- Integrated HTML5 and Flash Media Players: Audio/video web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube and Ustream.tv.
- Media Modifiers: Easily add, modify and remove podcasts form blog posts and pages.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, Blogger or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (category casting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Supported Media Formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Languages supported: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese (Want to translate PowerPress?)
*The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month.
Full iTunes Support
iTunes can make up between 50 and 95 percent of a podcaster’s audience. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features.
- iTunes compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes Summary: Converts your blog post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more)
- Upload iTunes Artwork: Upload and change your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your web pages.
- 6 Audio Players: Pick from 6 audio players including the popular 1 Pixel Out Player and HTML5 audio player.
- 2 Video Players: Pick between HTML5 video or Flow Player Classic Flash player.
- Position player above or below your post content or use the
[powerpress]shortcode and position the player where you want.
- Place the player exactly where you want by adding the [powerpress] shortcode tag directly in your post content.
- Add video embeds from sites such as YouTube, Viddler, Blip.tv and Ustream.tv.
- Provides download, play in new window and embed links.
- Formats supported: mp3, m4v, mp4, m4a, webm, ogg, ogv, oga, wma, mov, pdf, swf, avi, mpeg and more.
Integrates with Blubrry’s Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
Want more? Check out the advanced features.
- Embeds! Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- Tag/Keyword Podcast Feeds (Tag Casting): Add iTunes compliant attributes to your tag feeds.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your podcast feeds.
- *User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast.
- **Custom Post Types: Use the new Custom Post Types feature found in WordPress 3.0
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MU: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MU
*User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
**Custom Post Types feature requires a separate plugin to manage custom post types.
Migrating from PodPress
We made it easy to migrate from PodPress to PowerPress.
- Install and enable PowerPress
- Configure the “PodPress Episodes” setting in PowerPress to “Include in Posts and Feeds”
- Disable PodPress
PowerPress will continue where PodPress left off by including your previously created PodPress episodes in your feeds and web pages.
Migrating from plugin “Podcasting”
We made it easy to migrate from plugin “Podcasting” to PowerPress.
- Install and enable PowerPress
- Disable plugin “Podcasting”
PowerPress will continue where plugin “Podcasting” left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and web pages.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
- Visit the Blubrry Community Forum
- Use the Blubrry Contact Us form
- Blubrry PowerPress Documentation
- Check out PodcastFAQ.com – everything you need to know about podcasting
Free Download: Download this plugin